Eric and I made a great breakthrough in the past few days: we got a build of Drift working with multiplayer. The two of us are living on two separate coasts of the U.S., so that gives me a lot of pleasure. We’re able to play the game together as we make it.
Another breakthrough: the 3D design software Blender has previously been a huge hassle for us. In the past its free, but largely opaque. Just recently, though, we’ve run across a few tutorials that allowed us to build (very slightly) more complicated. Here’s the one that helped me learn about booleans.
Very encouraging stuff. I am learning more and experimenting with blender. Next step – more complicated meshes, and texture mapping.